C. John Campbell was born November 13, 1935 in Iowa Falls to Harold and Grace (Nicolet)Campbell. He grew up on a farm west of Alden with his five siblings. John graduated from Williams High School in 1953. He attended Ellsworth Junior College in 1954 and attended the University of Pittsburgh from 1957 to 1958. From 1955 to 1957 John served in the U.S. Army Medical Division and was stationed in Toul, France. At the time of his discharge he had achieved the rank of corporal. On January 2, 1963 he started Campbell Supply Company with his brother Jim. The company which specializes in wholesale industrial supplies in Iowa, Nebraska, South Dakota, Minnesota, and Illinois, now employs over 100 people with supply centers in Waterloo, Cedar Rapids, and Sioux City. The company also has two subsidiaries Cam Spray which developed and manufactures power washers, and Iowa Power Products which sells Honda engines and Hotz Diesel engines. John was a member of the Iowa Falls Area Development Corporation Board of Directors for 20 years, served on the Iowa Falls State Bank Board of Directors for 19 ½ years, was a member of the Iowa Falls Public Library Board for four years, and was an interim member of the Iowa Falls Park Board. He currently serves on the Ellsworth College Foundation Board of Directors, a position he has held for 20 years. In 2015, John was recognized for his service to the ECC with an honorary doctorate. He has also lent his talents to raising funds for community improvements. John’s community fundraising service includes being chairperson for the Vision 21 community fund drive which raised money for the Meyer Municipal Water Park, Barlow Memorial Library, Carnegie-Ellsworth Building Endowment, and also co-chaired the fund drive to construct the Hansen Family Hospital. In his spare time, Campbell enjoys woodworking, sports, landscaping, and photography. Ruth Marilyn (Macnab) Campbell was born March 19, 1936 in Pittsburgh, PA to Clarence and Blanche (Hunter)Macnab. She graduated from Wilkinsburg High School in Pittsburgh in 1954. She received her B.S. in Education (K-8 Grade) from the University of Pittsburgh in 1957. She taught third grade in Pittsburgh from 1957 through 1958, and in Webster City from 1958 to 1959. She taught first grade from 1959 to 1960 in Owasa, and thenin Iowa Falls from 1960 to 1964. Ruth spent a significant amount of time mentoring elementary students in Iowa Falls from 2000 through 2015. She serves as board member for the Lighthouse Center of Hope, a crisis pregnancy center in Iowa Falls, and volunteers her talent as a piano player at Heritage Care Center, Scenic Manor and the Hubbard Care Center. She is a regular volunteer working in the gift shop of Hansen Family Hospital, formerly the Ellsworth Municipal Hospital. In her spare time,Ruth enjoys crafts and walking. John and Ruth were married on August 19, 1958 at Pittsburg, PA. The couple has four children which include a daughter, Karen (Campbell) Gillespie, and three sons, Mark, David, and Steven. Karen, Mark, and David all attended ECC. The Campbell’s enjoy their 11 grandchildren. John and Ruth endowed this scholarship to help students who are working hard toward their educational goals and have financial barriers to continuing their education. The Campbell’s value educational opportunities and hard work and hope this scholarship is a blessing to the recipients who receive it.