da Luella Caine Bryant was born July 30, 1904. She was the daughter of Robert Thomas and Hattie Clarinda Axtell Caine. Mrs. Bryant graduated from Iowa Falls High School in 1922. She received a bachelor of arts degree from the Ellsworth Conservatory of Music in 1929. She also studied music in Chicago, Illinois. In 1934, she became an instructor at the Conservatory. She taught for 24 years, specializing in the field of public school music. Mrs. Bryant was a member of St. Matthew’s Episcopal Church in Iowa Falls, where she served as organist for many years. She was also a member of the Daughters of the American Revolution, Mayflower Society, American Guild of Organists, Iowa Falls Business and Professional Women, Iowa Falls Women’s Club, Iowa Falls Garden Club, and Iowa Falls Etude Club. She also had been very active with the Hardin County Republican Party. She died May 27, 1992, with burial in Union Cemetery in Iowa Falls. She was preceded in death by her first husband, C. J. Hatch. Her second husband, Herbert J. Bryant, a retired farmer, survived her but passed away on July 14, 1994. She is survived by Carol Hatch Dalbey, a stepdaughter from her first marriage. In October of 1986, Mrs. Bryant established the Ida Caine Bryant Music Scholarship Endowment Fund to be awarded annually to an incoming music student. At that time, she also gave the college her personal Steinway Grand Piano and a very generous financial gift. In 1989, Mrs. Lois Klatt of Radcliff presented the college with a Techniklavier piano, which was undoubtedly used by Ida as she practiced. This instrument, which makes no sound, was used to develop the finger skills necessary for piano playing. This piano is now house in the Ellsworth College Osgood Library.