Glenn and Merna (Engelson) Robinson were Hardin County natives who both attended Ellsworth Community College. Glenn graduated from Ellsworth in 1939 then took civilian pilot training at a field south of the Robert Hamilton house northwest of Iowa Falls. He eventually received a commercial pilot license. At the 1984 Homecoming the students in this flight program returned to Iowa Falls and were honored as members of the “Ellsworth Air Force.” Merna graduated from Ellsworth in 1937 then transferred to Iowa State University where she received her baccalaureate degree. She taught Home Economics and Social Studies courses at Sloan, Belle Plaine, Iowa Falls and Hubbard schools before the couple moved to Des Moines in 1960. Glenn and Merna farmed for 13 years near Buckeye before moving to Des Moines where Glenn took accounting classes and Merna worked for Equitable of Iowa. After completing his accounting studies, Glenn worked for “Look” magazine and then for the Iowa Department of Revenue until their retirements in 1983. The couple were active members of their church. Merna was a member of the American Association of University Women and did volunteer work at Iowa Methodist Medical Center, Living History Farms, Hubbell Elementary School and at their church. Glenn was a member of the Isaac Walton League. The couple enjoyed traveling including a trip to Austrailia as a member of the State of Iowa-sponsored Friendship Force. The Plugger’s Prize scholarship was begun in 1937 at Iowa Falls High School and Glenn Robinson was the first recipient. Never forgetting their roots, the Robinsons re-established the Plugger’s Prize in 1984 with annual awards being made to a student graduating each year from Alden and Iowa Falls high schools. The Robinson’s financial support of the scholarship was kept anonymous at their request until both of their deaths. Merna Robinson passed away on December 10, 1999. Glenn passed away December 11, 2010.